The contact lens clinic at The Eye Infirmary examines, prescribes, and fits patients with contact lenses, after ascertaining what would be most suitable to their condition.
Contact lenses are prescribed for three broad categories of patients:
- For routine use in patients with myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- For patients with ectatic disorders or eye conditions such as keratoconus, keratoglobus, Pellucid marginal degeneration, and Terrien’s marginal degeneration.
- For post-surgical use in patients with aphakia, post LASIK, post photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), post corneal transplant or penetrating keratoplasty (PK), post corneal tear repair, corneal scars, pediatric aphakia, post radial keratectomy (RK)
Our clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
- A wide variety of trial lenses designed to deal with even the most complicated contact lens fitting problems
- A complete range of instruments to test the lenses to ensure that we deliver only the highest quality lenses to our patients
- Access to the latest and most advanced contact lens designs in the world
The Contact Lens Centre is also specialized in advanced contact lens fitting like in keratoconus, ‘Rose K’ contact lens fitting, scleral lens fitting, post penetrating keratoplasty (PK) contact lens fitting, etc.